Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Struggled To Get Through

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

Long time, no see! I'm sorry that I've been super absent, but I will try to get back into blogging more now. I am still posting on my YouTube channel, but I will do my best to stay active on this blog as well. 

The theme this week is books I struggled to get through, or didn't get through at all. I didn't manage to come up with ten different books, but I did my best. I usually don't have that much problem getting through books, and I don't like to DNF books either, so I didn't have that many to choose from.


I'll start by mentioning the one book on this list that I didn't finish at all, and that is Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder. I picked this up because we were having a production of the musical at my school, so I wanted to read the book before performing the play. However, the philosophy sections were so long and hard to get through, that I ended up putting it back before even getting halfway.



The rest of the books I'll just mention in a list-format, as I don't really have much to say about each individual one. The main thing they have in common is that they were hard to get into, and had sections which I found hard to read. I did end up finishing all of them, and even enjoyed some of them quite a bit. And with some I might enjoy a lot more now, given that there's been some time since I read a few of them.


1. Carry On - Rainbow Rowell

2. After You - Jojo Moyes

3. All Our Wrong Todays - Elan Mastai


4. De Usynlige (The Invisible) - Roy Jacobsen

5. The Host - Stephenie Meyer

6. The Bohemians of the Latin Quarter - Henri Murger


What books did you struggle to get through?

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read any of the books in your TTT post this week, but have heard of several of the titles.

    Here's a link to my TTT post this week:
    https://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2017/09/top-ten-tuesday-ten-books-that-were.html

    ReplyDelete