Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Freebie! Books I'd Want On a Desert Island

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week was a freebie, so I decided to go with books I'd want on a desert island. I'm going to mention series as just one book, because it's my list and I make the rules. And also, I'm probably going to bring some pretty big books with me.

So the first book(s) is obviously going to be the Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling. I love all of the books, and I can reread them forever. Which makes them the perfect books to bring to a desert island.


The next book(s) is the A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin. All of these books are so huge, that it takes a long time just to read one of them, and there are 5 books out so far. Though I haven't reread this series, I haven't even read the 5th book yet, I know that they are perfect for rereads. So much stuff happens all the time, I'm sure I'll keep noticing new things every time I read them.

The next ones are The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins. These books I've only picked because I love them so much, and not because of their size. You fly through them, and you can be done with all of them in less than 3 days. But even so, I can't imagine not being able to read them, and therefore I have to bring them with me.

The next book is actually a stand-alone, and that is The Bible. People who know me might be confused by this as I'm not a christian, but I've always wanted to read the Bible. The problem is that it's so long and intimidating, so being stuck on an island is the perfect excuse to finally get to it.


 The next ones out it yet another series, and though this hasn't been finished yet, I'm counting on being sent the next books as long as I'm stuck on the deserted island. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas is of course the books I'm talking about. I have yet to reread them, as I just discovered them a year ago, but when the last one comes out I'm planning on marathoning the entire series, so they are definitely worth a reread.


Are there any other books I should bring with me? Which books would you bring with you?



No comments:

Post a Comment