Thursday, September 17, 2015

Review: Saga, Volume 1

Title: Saga, Volume 1 ( contains Saga issues #1-6)
Author: Brian K. Vaughan (writer) and Fiona Staples (artist)
Publisher: Image Comics
Year published: 2012
How I got this book: BookDepository
My rating: 5 stars

Goodreads synopsis:

When two soldiers from opposite ides of a never-ending galactic war fall in love, they risk everything to bring a fragile new life into a dangerous old universe.

My thoughts:

This was my first comic book, so don't have anything to compare it with, but I absolutely loved it. I didn't have high expectations going into this, simply because I didn't know if I would enjoy reading a graphic novel er not, but I definitely did. It was funny, and moving and everything you could ever want.

The main characters, Marko and Alana, are so amazing. They're relationship is amazing. Everything about them is amazing. They are completely different, with Marko being against war and Alana being such a hot-head and no against fighting at all. Alana has so many comments throughout the issue that I laughed out loud at, she's so sarcastic and that's my favourite kind of humour.
This was just from the first couple of pages, and Alana has comments like that throughout the entire novel. Definitely a character I'm looking forward to reading more about.
 This novel is for mature readers, no doubt about that. I didn't have any problems or reacted to anything, but I know that some people probably will. There's sex, violence and a lot of swearing here, so keep that in mind. 

I went into this without really knowing anything about it, and I really liked that. I'd only heard a lot about it on booktube, and bought it because of that. I'm definitely looking forward to continuing this!

No comments:

Post a Comment